This is a scholarly well written book with an arresting story to tell about how profoundly and yet how differently two cholera epidemics affected the city of naples in 1884 and again in l910 11. Naples in the time of cholera 1884 1911 has 9 ratings and 2 reviews peter said i am interested in naples since my grandfather came from there and i am. This is a medical and social history of italys largest city during the cholera epidemics of 1884 and 1910 11 it explores the factors that exposed naples to risk it examines such popular responses as social hysteria riots and religiosity and it traces therapeutic strategiesthe book is the first extended study of cholera in modern italy . Cambridge core european studies naples in the time of cholera 1884 1911 by frank m snowden
How it works:
1. Register a Free 1 month Trial Account.
2. Download as many books as you like ( Personal use )
3. No Commitment. Cancel anytime.
4. Join Over 100.000 Happy Readers.
5. That's it. What you waiting for? Sign Up and Get Your Books.